Hummus just got healthier!
Who doesn’t love hummus, especially when the sun’s out, there is nothing better than hummus with a varied selection of dipping vegetables to share with friends. We’ve been experimenting and have discovered cauliflower hummus, find out how to make it for yourself.
- 1 large head of cauliflower, broken down into florets
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. tahini paste
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2-3 tbsp. lemon juice, to taste
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Place the cauliflower florets in an baking tray. Drizzle 2 tsp. olive oil over the florets, sprinkle 1 teaspoon of salt, and toss to combine.
- Place in the oven and roast for 45 minutes or until the cauliflower is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Combine the cauliflower, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, 3 tbsp. olive oil and seasoning in a blender or food processor and blend. If needed, add a little water to achieve a creamy consistency.
- Check seasoning and adjust flavor.
- Accompany the hummus with a selection of your favourite vegetables, we love to use Erbology Buckwheat Crackers featured in one of our Wellthos boxes.